Monday, August 13, 2018

Some Hillman quotes

Fatalism accounts for life as a whole... Fatalism comforts, for it raises no questions. There’s no need to examine just how events fit in.
― James Hillman, The Souls Code: In Search of Character and Calling  

I’m the result of upbringing, class, race, gender, social prejudices, and economics. So I’m a victim again. A result.
― James Hillman

To be sane, we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.
― James Hillman, Healing Fiction  

Our lives are determined less by our childhood than by the traumatic way we have learned to remember our childhoods.
― James Hillman

To the question, Why am I old? the usual answer is, Because I am becoming dead. But the facts show that I reveal more character as I age, not more death.
― James Hillman, The Force of Character: And the Lasting Life  

Character forms a life regardless of how obscurely that life is lived and how little light falls on it from the stars.
― James Hillman

Our dreams recover what the world forgets.
― James Hillman, Animal Presences  

No comments:

Post a Comment